Tucson Adult Hockey League Rules
- All players must register with USA Hockey and provide proof of registration prior to 1st game or entering the ice surface.
- The league will follow USA Hockey's new standard of play and rules enforcement. To learn about this please visit www.usahockey.com
- All teams must have matching jerseys with a unique number.
- Any player who skates under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be ejected immediately and face supplementary discipline, which may include expulsion. For safety sake, players are urged to make officials aware of these situations.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the building or on the bench and will result in expulsion from the league.
- No player is allowed on the ice or in the player bench area until the Zamboni has left the ice.
- All players on a given roster must be 18 years of age or older by the first game of the season.
- Fighting will not be tolerated. Any fighting penalty will result in indefinite suspension. League officials will decide, by vote, the length of the suspension.
- The on-ice officials have the authorization to eject and remove a player from the ice for inappropriate or detrimental conduct. Ejections, game misconducts, and match penalties will result in indefinite suspension. League officials will decide, by vote, the length of the suspension.
- If a player is removed from a game, that player is not to return to the arena for any reason.
- A suspended player is not allowed on the bench for any reason.
- The league officials will review repeat offenders and assess additional suspensions or expulsion if necessary.
- Abuse of officials will not be tolerated. This includes on-ice officials, off-ice official/scorekeepers, and league officials.
- On-ice officials have the authority to stop the game at any time for any reason. Especially when it comes to player safety.
- League officials reserve the right to suspend or expel players for any reason they find necessary.
- Three (3) penalties rule –Upon being assessed a third penalty in the same game the player is immediately ejected from the game with no further suspension unless one of the penalties is a Major penalty or Game Misconduct penalty that warrants suspension. An immediate ejection will be in effect for the second occurrence within the same season for the same player. The third occurrence with the same player in the same season will result in an indefinite suspension. League officials will decide, by vote, the length of the suspension.
- The Tucson Adult Hockey League has a no refund policy. In the case that a player cannot continue due to injury or relocation, an exception will be made only if (and when) a replacement player has paid in full. At that point, a refund will be issued under the following conditions:
- Player will not be eligible to return during current season
- Player must provide the request via email and will be refunded based on the request date and not retroactive per games played.
- All based on a 12 game season-no refunds for shorter season
4-6 games into the schedule 75% refund per game remaining
7-9 games into the schedule 50% refund per game remaining
10-12 games into the schedule no refund
18. Any restrictions due to COVID will result in an immediate pause in the current season. The season will resume once all restrictions are lifted.
19. USA Hockey rule 601-e3 has become a point of emphasis. A match penalty will be assessed to any player or team official in violation of this rule.
601- (e) A match penalty shall be assessed to any player or team official who commits the following actions:
1. Applies deliberate physical force or attempts to inflict physical harm to any game official, including off-ice officials.
2. Behaving in any manner that is critically detrimental to the conducting of the game, including but not limited to spitting at an opponent, spectator, game or team official , or verbally threatening or intimidating a Game Official, opposing Team Official or opposing player with physical contact or harm.
3. Uses language that is hateful or discriminatory in nature anywhere in the rink before, during or after the game.
(Note) The officials are required to immediately file a game report and the offending player / team official is suspended until their case has been dealt with by the proper authorities . Appropriate discipline will be determined using the USA Hockey Standardized Discipline Policy
Attention! Read the following before accepting!
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MEDICAL INSURANCE, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND RELEASE FOR TUCSON ADULT HOCKEY LEAGUE, LLC
In consideration of me being allowed to participate in any hockey play or competition conducted under the auspices of Tucson Adult Hockey League, LLC, its clubs, teams, organizations, members, coaches, officials, managers, employees and/or volunteers (the Activity), I agree that:
- I understand the dangers and risks of playing hockey. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) the Activity involves risks and dangers of SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH ("Risks"); (b) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES incurred as a result of my participation in the Activity.
- I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS Tucson Adult Hockey League, LLC, its respective administrators, members, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, local organizing committees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, if applicable, owners, and lesser of premises on which the Activity takes place (each considered one of the Releases herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on account caused or alleged in whole or in part by any act or omission of the Releases in connection with the Activity or otherwise, including rescue operations, and further agree that if, despite this release, I or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against any of the Releases named above, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEYS FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE OR COST ANY MAY INCUR AS THE RESULT OF SUCH CLAIM.
- I agree that I will act in a mature and responsible manner at all times. This includes activities at the ice rink.
- I agree to reimburse the Tucson Adult Hockey League, LLC and TCC Ice Arena for any damage which they deem me responsible.
- I understand that I am to wear an approved hockey helmet at all times that I am on the ice, players bench, penalty bench, or in the vicinity of the ice. This includes pre-game warm-ups, breaks in the game, between periods and post-game handshakes.
- I understand that Tucson Adult Hockey League, LLC highly recommend that all players wear an HECC approved face mask and a mouth piece. If I choose to play without a face mask, I understand the dangers and risks to my face, mouth, teeth and eyes. By playing without a face mask, I understand that I am risking possible blindness.
- I understand that should I be suspended for any violations of the rules, I will not be entitled to any refund.
- I agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of Tucson Adult Hockey League, LLC
- I acknowledge that I have a medical insurance policy and that such insurance will be my primary source of payment should medical treatment be necessary as a result of my participation in the Activity.
- I affirm that I am not suspended or banned from play or participation by any organized sports association. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THAT THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
I hereby agree to the Rules and Regulations of the Tucson Adult Hockey League, LLC, and acknowledge the
terms of this Liability Waiver.
You must click the box below in order to proceed to the next step of the registration.